As more and more people are concerned with a greener way of living, there is a rapidly expanding trend for more energy-efficient homes that are uniquely beautiful, economical, and more comfortable.
In this book, Orlo Stitt, an award winning designer of energy efficient homes describes Eighteen Principles of what green home design and building or retrofitting is all about. This book provides the facts and insights that will help you make informed, economic, environmental, and important lifestyle choices.
• Creative design and planning ideas with 100s of beautiful photos
• How to create near-zero or Net-Zero PLUS energy bills
• “Technical Notes,” “Sidebars,” and “Over-the-Years” tips gained from Orlo’s experience in planning, designing, and building energy-efficient homes
• How to keep maintenance costs low while maximizing functionality, style, and efficiency
• How to select and work with designers, lenders, appraisers, builders, contractors, and subcontractors
• Checklist, informative links, spreadsheets, and so much more
From initial ideas and dreams, site selection, planning and design, and then budgeting—to solar electric choices and specifications, to construction, and everything in between, “Holistically Green Homes” is a creative guidebook for anyone who wants a beautiful home that provides maximum comfort and style, while giving attention to energy efficiency, tax-free savings, and the environment.
Buy the book, and follow the author on social media:
Learn more about the writer. Visit the Author’s Website.
Get This How To & Advice Book From Amazon.
Visit the Author’s Facebook Fan Page.