Resume 101 will give you step-by-step instructions for getting the most out of popular job search tools, including showing you how to:
• Write a winning resume – and what to do if you’re out of work or a new grad.
• Utilize knowledge of SEO and Applicant Tracking Systems, which increase your resume’s chances of being seen by hiring managers.
• Create an effective LinkedIn profile.
• Write cover letters that will stand out.
• Navigate top job sites like Indeed, LinkedIn, Facebook, Glassdoor, and more.
• Answer hiring managers’ typical interview questions.
For over 20 years, Steven Mostyn’s custom resumes have helped thousands of people – from entry-level employees to CEOs – get the job they wanted. He understands what it takes to successfully compete for jobs in dynamic, emerging companies and large enterprises like Amazon, Marriott, Microsoft, IBM, and Walmart. In Resume 101, he distills decades of experience into simple tips and provides an insider’s view of what works for job hunters.
Buy the book:
Steven Mostyn, MBA, is a leading expert in resume writing, job hunting, and recruiting. He’s also the CEO of Elite Pro Resume Services. A four-time bestselling author, he has written for Forbes, HR.com, ERE Media, and others.
For over 20 years, his custom-crafted resumes have helped thousands of clients, from CEOs to new grads, successfully land jobs at Amazon, Marriott, Microsoft, IBM, Wal-Mart, and many other dynamic organizations.
As a recruiter, Steven has helped some of North America’s largest companies – including Oracle, Deloitte, Aon, TD, and AdventHealth – find qualified staff. This experience allows him to understand what kind of resumes and cover letters resonate with hiring managers and recruiters.
Steven has a bachelor’s degree from York University and an MBA with a focus in HR from Centenary University. He’s also earned recruitment and HR certifications from Seneca College, HireVue, and LinkedIn.