“Perception and thinking are the most powerful tools available to a human being. Healthy thinking is a path to success and health and improving the quality of life. The future becomes a reality when a person starts implementing positive thinking. In other words, be optimists!”
Scientists from different countries made a conclusion that optimists live longer than pessimists, they have fewer diseases and feel the pain weaker. However, how this can be explained? Why positive attitude strengthens our health? Hardly anybody would deny that physical activity and proper nutrition, arguably, take the first place among drug-free methods of healing. However, even if you cannot stand diets and can’t get along with sports very well, there still might be hope for your health! According to scientists, cheerful temper and a belief in a brighter future can strengthen your body and hold up the old age because optimism does not merely protect your nerves – Moreover, it increases the immune system, repels bacteria and allays pain.
In one of their recent studies, the scientists of the University of Pittsburgh proved that people who do not “focus” on something and treat all of the life’s troubles with a natural heart have three times less viral infections in comparison with pessimists and whiners. Doctors even conducted an experiment to confirm their theory: they infected groups of volunteers with a cold virus to assess the body reaction to the infection. Moreover, optimists’ immunity was much more resistant to the virus! It is widely known that the medicine has been acknowledging the influence of emotions on health for ages. However, it meant mostly negative feelings. For example, stress has long been considered one of the reasons for gastric ulcer occurrence, and anger, a risk factor for cardiac patients. Now, positive emotions can receive a therapeutic status as well.
Here You Will Learn…
Keep Calm and Keep Your Opinion in Any Situation
10 Morning Habits of Successful People
How to Make Order in Your Nervous System?
How to Learn to Forgive Yourself
Bonus! Awareness and the Art of Living in the Present (Complete collection – save $2.99)
Much, much more!
Consultant psychologist, psychotherapist.
Specializations: individual and family counseling, work with trauma, complex emotional (anxiety, panic) states, psychosomatic symptoms, personality of the individual crises, twin and family relations; group therapy.
1. Individual counseling adults: one-time consultation on request, a short-term (maintenance) and long term (dynamic) therapy.
2. Work with pairs: one-time consultation, long-term emotional and focused therapy.
3. Group work: group therapy in the dynamic treatment groups, focus group sessions, workshops, seminars.
– Development and strengthening of personal identity, increasing emotional awareness and self-esteem, develop practical skills of interpersonal communication;
– Psychological support and support in difficult personal living conditions, development of skills of emotional literacy and self-support;
– Group dynamic therapy focused on solving a broad range of personal and social problems, the development and strengthening of self-awareness, self-confidence, improve the quality of life.