CONTAINS SUPERNATURAL ELEMENTS
When it comes to “falling in love,” you can’t help who you fall in love with. This is the sobering reality of Malik Harrington, the wealthy heir of a well-known preacher, who falls hard for Isabella Chavez, the stunning daughter of one of the hired help. But unbeknownst to Malik, Gina Wheaton, the main organist at his father’s church, is obsessed with becoming his wife to the point of seeking assistance from the “dark side.” Gina wants Malik and she will do whatever it takes to get him.
As if Malik doesn’t already face enough of a challenge trying to win the affections of Isabella, who insists on being rude to him and takes delight in mocking his privileged position, Malik’s mother, Esther Harrington, is overprotective and is in total disagreement with her son marrying anyone who is subservient to him. However, Malik knows that Isabella is right for him and is determined to beat the odds mounted against him. For he would rather live without the luxury of the Harrington name and all of the perks that comes with it, than live one moment without his beloved Isabella.
With so many obstacles to overcome, this budding connection between Malik and Isabella seems to be doomed before it even starts. The plot is interwoven with a supernatural theme – an intense fight between good and evil, which brings a fresh twist to the vivid scenes set in the Acadian Forest of Ivory Island.
H H Fowler is an Amazon Bestselling Author of more than 12 novels, including the Church Boyz and Church Gurlz series. He lives in the Bahamas and enjoys spending time with his family.
20 THINGS ABOUT H H Fowler!
1) Conceived in the chills of Switzerland, but Fowler’s parents journeyed back home to the Bahamas where he was born and reared a Caribbean product.
2) A cosmopolitan at heart, Fowler’s interest in the power of writing was ignited at the impressionable age of 13.
3) His first poem, inspired by his Literary teacher was published at age 14 by a recognized publishing company in Washington D.C.
4) Fowler plays both the piano and the drums.
5) Married since 2003 to the same woman. Together, they have one son and twin girls.
6) Loves to watch HGTV.
7) Worked in the banking system for over 12 years before venturing into writing full-time.
8) Did I mention that he is a full-time writer?
9) Agatha Christie, John Grisham and Jerry B. Jenkins are some of his favorite authors.
10) Youth leader at his church.
11) Graduated from college as the valedictorian and was selected to speak on behalf of the graduates.
12) Reads about three books a month. The remainder of the time is spent crafting his next bestselling novel.
13) Completed his first novel by the age of 21 (He was born in 1979, so you do the math).
14) More of an introvert, but very easy to make friends
15) He is a Christian and was raised in a Christian home.
16) Pasta, white rice and steamed pork chops are some of his favorite foods.
17) Dated his wife for six years before they were married.
18) Six years flew by before Fowler and his wife had their first child.
19) Imitation of Life is one of his favorite movies
20) Plans to write 100 novels before he retires.